Friday, April 4, 2008

8 days till Baseball Season Begins

Coach Jake here, and I welcome you to a new baseball season, as I hope you will join me on our road to the 2008 Ancaster Little League Championship. This year will be my 5th year coaching, and my fellow coaches and I are looking forward to great year filled with fun, excitement and of course lots fantastic moments to look back on.

The one thing that I will be doing during this pre-season will be looking back upon the previous 4 years, with great memories and sharing the great moments. The season begins with an evalution day on April 12, and there will be an update here following that, then a special draft blog. After all of that the excitement of a new season begins and I will take you down to road of a Little League Baseball season.

Within the Ancaster Little League, I am an umpire, convener of Rookie Ball, exective member and a coach in the Major division.

It is with great pleasure as well that I announce my coaching staff to you today.
Manager: Jake Parkhill, 3rd year as a Manager
1st Assistant: Brian Last
2nd Assistant: Andrew Seroski

Should be a tremendous season.

Tomorrow marks the start of the umpire season with a "Super Clinic" in Oakville, and then next Saturday is our Evaluation day! Sometime after that, usually about two weeks afterwards, will be the draft day for Major, and then, practices begin. Opening week will be May 10-17, with the first pitch being thrown on May 13, should be something very special.

No comments: